The Marietta Police Athletic League will hold registration for its free After School Program 4-6 p.m. Aug. 6 and 7 at the Lawrence Street Recreation Center, 510 Lawrence St., Marietta.
Through this PAL Program, youths, ages 5 to 17, can enjoy sports and recreation programs 3-6 p.m. Mondays through Fridays at this center.
Also available are PAL After Hours Sports Programs.
As a part of this program, youths may participate in one activity or all of the following sports for one flat rate of $50 per child per semester with free participation available for “income eligible” participants.
These program choices include:
• Basketball skill building: ages 5-17 (6-8 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays)
• Boxing classes: ages 12-17 (6-8 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays)
• Martial arts classes: ages 6-16 (6-8 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays)
The After School Program and Basketball Classes start Aug. 8, and the Boxing and Martial Arts Classes start Aug. 9.
Limited transportation is available from Sawyer Road and Park Street Elementary Schools for a weekly fee.
“Income eligible” participants may apply by bringing the following items to registration for eligibility verification:
- Proof of Marietta address
- Verification of three months of all household income (including government assistance)
- Copy of photo IDs for all adult household members and
- Social Security cards for all household members
Information: 770-794-5425 or email dbadio@MariettaGa.gov
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.