» RELATED: The most beautiful place in Georgia is in Savannah, according to this magazine
Here’s what analysts discovered about spending costs in Savannah for a 3-night stay:
- Total cost: $1,942.06
- Meals: $360
- Drinks (including beer): $44.88
- 3-night hotel stay: $699
- Airfare: $838.18
How to save money in Savannah, according to GOBankingRates:
- Consider purchasing the 72-hour Savannah ePass app for $4.95, which offers discounts on attractions, dining, shopping and more.
- Take advantage of low-cost or free activities, including a trip to the Art Center or the famous 30-acre Forsyth Park.
While a trip to Savannah may mean spending a few extra bucks, the scenic city is still considered one of the top travel destinations in the country.
Famous for its raucous River Street and boulevard full of eateries, boutiques overlooking the water, the Georgia city has also been recognized as the most romantic destination in the state.
But Savannah wasn’t the only Georgia city to make GOBankingRate’s list of most expensive destinations. Atlanta didn’t fall too far behind, ranking 16th overall.
Here’s what analysts found out about spending costs in Atlanta for a 3-night visit:
- Total cost: $1,551.40
- Meals: $330
- Drinks (including beer): $44.40
- 3-night hotel stay: $464
- Airfare: $713
Some cost-savings tips, according to GOBankingRates, include:
- Opt to use MARTA (one-way fares come to $2.50 and three-day passes, $16)
- Take advantage of free or low-cost activities, such as visiting the Carter Center.
Explore the full list at gobankingrates.com.