A store manager called 911 shortly after 9:30 a.m., reporting a popping sound and smoke inside Queen of Hearts Antiques and Interiors on Buford Drive. When firefighters arrived, they found “moderate smoke” inside and a “smoldering fire” in a back corner of the store; both were being contained by a sprinkler system, according to a department release.
A fire investigator determined the cause to be an accidental electrical fire sparked by the neon light display, which was near combustible material, the release said. Nobody was injured.
The store will be closed for the remainder of Tuesday, it said on Facebook