• To enter kindergarten, the student must be 5 years old by Sept. 1.
• To enter the first grade, the student must be 6 years old by Sept. 1.
• There are exceptions to the age requirement rules if the students are coming into the Fulton County School System from outside the state of Georgia.
READ | Fulton County Schools Calendar 2018-19
READ | Fulton school closings: How is the decision made?
READ | How to register your child for Atlanta Public Schools
• Ear, eye and dental screening. This Georgia Department of Human Resources certificate must be signed by the health department or a licensed Georgia physician.
• Immunization certificate. Georgia requires students to be immunized against measles, mumps, polio, rubella, whooping cough, tetanus, diphtheria, hepatitis B, haemophilus influenza, varicella and meningitis.
• Proof of date of birth. This can be a birth certificate, a military ID, a passport, an adoption record or an official school transcript.
• Two documents proving the student’s address. The documents will be collected when the student enters kindergarten, sixth grade and ninth grade, or whenever there is a change of address. Parents or guardians of the student must provide either a water bill or electric bill for their residence and one of the following: copy of mortgage payment, renters agreement, current bank statement, copy of Section 8/HUD Housing contract, homeowners or renters insurance card, current paycheck stub, state driver’s license or a HOA bill.
• Social Security Number. Waivers are available for this. A migrant number is also acceptable.
• Academic records. A student coming from another school will need their most recent report card, withdrawal form or transcripts. Students in grades 7-12 will also need copies of discipline records.
Printable registration forms in various languages are available on the Fulton Schools website.
Registration for a student can be started online, but required documents still need to be taken to the school where you wish to enroll your child to complete the process.
For more information, call Fulton County Public Schools at 470-254-3600.
READ | Four questions about back-to-school vaccinations in Georgia
Like North Fulton County News Now on Facebook | Follow on Twitter
Make sure kids know how to approach a trusted adult if they are being bullied.