Additionally, city employees and volunteers will clean trash and refuse from those areas.
The city will add trash receptacles with concrete slabs and directional sign posts.
To maintain the dignity and appearance of Liberty Hill Cemetery, the city also will remove unapproved items from gravesites.
While many of these items may have been at the sites for years, the city will clear anything not in compliance.
Among the items to be removed are:
- Flower arrangements that have become withered or unsightly
- Vases made of glass, porcelain or similar substances
- Vases not mounted or staked
- Statues, toys, ornaments, pinwheels, crockery, all glass, Styrofoam, balloons and any item of this type
- Any lighting fixture: solar or battery powered
- Freestanding hangers and brackets
- Unapproved borders/walls
- Any ground cover other than grass