“A lot of times, people think they know about nutrition because they eat, but you need large bodies of science and research to know what our bodies actually need,” explained RDN Jessica Crandall to WebMD.
Combining a protein, healthy fat and a complex carb is the perfect recipe to help you sustain energy throughout the day while curving cravings. Examples of healthy breakfasts include:
- Eggs, avocado and toast
- Greek yogurt, cereal and fruit
- Oatmeal, protein powder and nuts
- Whole wheat crepes, plain yogurt, fruit and honey
- Whole wheat toast, pesto, sliced avocado, sliced tomato and egg
- Whole wheat toast, peanut butter and banana
“Research shows that eating regularly across the day, inclusive of breakfast, may have physical benefits such as reduced inflammation and improved physiological resilience,” added Jessica Crawley, a registered dietitian.