"Saturday Night Live" fans had something to shimmy about this weekend as Alec Baldwin made his debut as Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump on the show's season 42 premiere.
In the highly anticipated sketch, Baldwin and cast member Kate McKinnon re-created the first presidential debate between Trump and Democratic rival Hillary Clinton – and they did not disappoint.
>> Click here to watch (WARNING: Mild profanity)
Some memorable moments:
- Baldwin: "Our jobs are fleeing this country. They’re going to Mexico. They’re going to China. I will stop that. If Hillary knew how, she would have done it already. Period. End of story. I won the debate. Stayed calm, just like I promised, and it is over. Goodnight, Hofstra."
- Baldwin: "My microphone is broken. She broke it with Obama. She and Obama stole my microphone, took it to Kenya and now it’s broken."
- McKinnon: "He's spent his life cheating middle-class laborers – laborers like my own human father, who made, I guess, drapes, or printed drapes or sold drapes, something with drapes. He was relatable and I am also relatable."
- Baldwin: "She’s the one with the bad temperament. She’s always screaming. She’s constantly lying. Her hair is crazy. Her face is completely orange, except around the eyes where it’s white."
- Baldwin: "We should be talking about the important issues, like Rosie O’Donnell and how she’s a fat loser and everyone agrees with me."
- McKinnon: "Listen, America, I get it. You hate me. You hate my voice and you hate my face. Here’ s a tip: If you never want to see my face again, elect me president and I will look myself in the Oval Office and not come out for four years. But if you don’t elect me, I will continue to run until the day I die."
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.