Because it’s a slow news day for Atlanta United, it’s been a challenge coming up with some items of note about the team.
However, Atlanta United’s top-class communications team came through with some stats of interest (I would pull these, but don’t have access to opta):
- Josef Martinez is first in MLS in shot conversion rate (40 percent) with minimum 40 shots. Bradley Wright-Phillips (34.88 percent) is in second.
- Julian Gressel is second in successful open crosses (25). Romell Quioto (29) is in first.
- Gressel is first in the league in open crosses attempted (90) and converts them at 27.78 percent, which is fourth-highest among those with minimum of 50 attempts.
- Michael Parkhurst is first in clearances with 121. Larrys Mabiala is in second (115).
- With 25 assists in 54 matches, Miguel Almiron is tied for third all-time in assists per game in league history with 0.46 APG (minimum of 20 assists). Carlos Valderrama (0.65) is first, followed by Marco Etcheverry (0.53) and Preki (0.46).
- Almiron is second in passes ending in the final third (655), and first in successful passes into the final third (496). Maximiliano Moralez is first (659) in passes in the final third, and second (456) in successful passes.
- Almiron is fourth in MLS in dribbles completed (63), and is fifth in dribble success rate (47.01 percent, with a minimum 50 attempted). Alphonso Davies (60.78 percent) is first.
- Almiron is fifth in MLS in touches in the opponent’s box (128). Alberth Elis (163) is in first.
- Almiron is eighth in MLS in duels won (161). Alphonso Davies (188) leads the league.