This hugely important USA vs Germany match takes place in the heart of the work day. How many of us groaned when we learned about the noon start time?
My brother, Dante, a die-hard soccer fan who lives for the World Cup changed his schedule to get the day off today so he can kick back and watch the game — and no need to be stealth. Most of the rest of us, however, must be creative to watch this highly anticipated match. Here are some tips to watch the game without drawing a red card from the boss:
1. Watch or listen online at ESPN.com. Just be ready to pick up the phone or look like you are really working when the boss walks by. You’re not breaking the rules. You’re just bending them – like Beckham.
2. Go to work a little early; leave a little later. Plan your lunch hour (game time) accordingly.
3. Take an early lunch. Bars across Atlanta will be gathering places for this last match in the “Group of Death.”
4. Pack snacks and meet up in the break room for some game time and employee bonding. Wear your red-white-and-blue.
5. If you are desperate and without internet access, you could get a (reliable) friend to text updates. Just remember to put the phone on silent.
How are you watching the game? Share your plans with features writer Helena Oliviero at email@example.com