The restaurant noted what steps will be taken once dining rooms are opened. Here are some of the changes to expect at your local Chick-fil-A in light of COVID-19:
Inside and outside service, Chick-fil-A customers can expect:
- Restaurants are following the evolving guidance from CDC, local, state and federal leaders and guests will now notice Team Members wearing face coverings while working.
Staff will be required to wear masks while serving in Chick-fil-A’s dining room and via curbside service.
Other dining room changes:
.• Front counter plexiglass shields will be installed to make it easier to maintain 6 feet of distance between Team Members and guests. Some restaurants may also install a plexiglass shield in the drive-thru window.
• New signage will provide a clear path for guests to maintain social distancing guidelines while placing and picking up carry-out orders. Social distancing floor decals will be placed 6 feet apart along the walking path inside and outside of the restaurant building.
• Hand sanitizer stations for guests will be placed inside restaurant dining rooms.
• Conducting regular evaluations of these new measures within restaurants, along with enhanced protocols for daily Team Member health checks, wearing masks, frequent hand washing, contactless ordering, payment and meal delivery, social distancing and sanitization.
Chick-fil-A is installing new outdoor handwashing stations at its locations.
At the drive-thru:
• New outdoor handwashing stations to make it as easy as possible for Team Members working outside of the restaurant to wash their hands (the best prevention, according to the CDC) at least every 30 minutes, which goes above and beyond current guidelines. Team Members also regularly sanitize their hands with Purell Wipes.
• Team members will wear gloves and have been provided guidelines on safe glove use and the importance of frequent hand washing, even when using gloves. Team Members who handle transactions are wearing gloves and washing their hands every time they interact with cash.
• Limited person-to-person contact, guests are encouraged to utilize mobile ordering and mobile payment through the Chick-fil-A® App.