Here’s a list of some of the incidents over the past 40 years.
• On Aug. 11, 1977, a 4-year-old boy drowned in the moat surrounding Cinderella Castle.
• On Aug. 22, 1980, an 11-year-old boy died after swimming in the River Country water park next to the campground. The cause of death was amoebic meningoencephalitis, traces of which were found in the water.
• In 1982 a boy drowned at the River Country exhibit.
• On May 23, 1987, a 6-year-old boy drowned in a swimming pool at the resort.
• In 1989 a boy drowned at the River Country exhibit.
• On Sept. 12, 1992, a 37-year-old man took hostages of two security guards at Epcot saying he wanted to see his former girlfriend. After a stand-off, he killed himself.
• On May 16, 1995, a 4-year-old girl passed out during a ride on the Body Wars attraction in the Wonders of Life pavilion. She was pronounced dead on the scene. She was known to have a heart condition.
• On Nov. 5, 2000, a 37-year-old man was critically injured while trying to exit a ride vehicle while it was moving. He was struck by the following ride vehicle and was killed.
• In February 2005, a 77-year-old woman lost consciousness and died after riding the Pirates of the Caribbean. It was determined she had underlying medical issues.
• On April 30, 2005, a 30-year-old man died from a heart attack after exiting a ride. He had a heart condition.
• On June 13, 2005, a 4-year-old boy died after riding Mission: Space. He was found to have an undiagnosed idiopathic heart condition called myocardialhypertrophy.
>>Do alligators often attack humans? What should you do if it happens?
• On April 12, 2006, a 49-year-old woman became ill after riding Mission: Space and died at Celebration Hospital in nearby Celebration, Florida. She had a brain hemorrhage believed to be caused by severe high blood pressure. There was no link found to the ride.
• On Aug. 1, 2006, a 7-year-old boy fainted after riding Space Mountain and was taken to Celebration Hospital where he died of natural causes.
• On Dec. 7, 2006, a 73-year-old man lost consciousness while riding Space Mountain. He died due to a heart condition.
• On Dec. 18, 2007, a man lost consciousness on a roller coaster. It was determined he died of natural causes with dilated cardiomyopathy.
• On June 29, 2006, a 12-year-old boy was found unresponsive at the end of a ride. The boy died en route to the hospital. It was determined he had a congenital heart defect.
• On March 16, 2007, a 51-year-old man had a heart attack and collapsed near the Downhill Double Dipper water slide. He was pronounced dead on arrival at the local hospital.
• On April 1, 2010, a 9-year-old boy was crushed to death after he rode his bike into a Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground bus. He fell under the wheels of the bus and was killed instantly.
• On Dec. 12, 2010, a 77-year-old woman with pre-existing conditions collapsed after exiting a ride. She later died.
• On Dec. 26, 2010, a 69-year-old man died after stepping in front of a moving Disney transportation bus in the parking lot of Disney's Port Orleans Resort.
• In October 2014, a snake fell out of a tree onto a group of guests in a public area of the theme park and bit an 8-year-old. The boy's grandmother suffered cardiac arrest and died soon afterwards.
• In October 2014, a 54-year-old woman lost consciousness on the ride and died. The death was not believed to be related to the ride
>>5th alligator caught at Disney, search continues for child's body
• In July 7, 2015, a 55-year-old woman died of cardiopulmonary arrest and septic shock after losing consciousness while on a ride. She had a medical history of heart issues.
• On July 14, 2015, a 3-year-old drowned at a resort pool.
• On March 22, 2016, a man apparently committed suicide by jumping onto the monorail track in Disney's Contemporary Resort.
• On June 14, 2016, a 2-year-old boy was dragged from a beach into the water by an alligator. It is assumed the boy was killed by the animal.
• On Feb. 11, 2004, a 38-year-old employee dressed as Pluto was killed at the Magic Kingdom when he was run over by the Beauty and the Beast float.
• On Nov. 27, 2007, a 63-year-old employee died from a brain injury sustained when she was hit by a ride vehicle after falling from a restricted area of the ride platform.
• On July 5, 2009, a 21-year-old monorail operator was killed when one monorail train backed into another.
• On Aug. 6, 2009, a 47-year-old employee playing the role of a pirate in the "Captain Jack's Pirate Tutorial" show slipped and hit his head on a wall and died four days later.
• On Aug. 17, 2009, a 30-year-old performer died after injuring his head while rehearsing a tumbling roll.
• On July 9, 2010, An electrician working for a Disney subsidiary was shocked at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex and died.
• On March 13, 2011, a 52-year-old employee sustained head injuries while working on a ride. She later died.
• In October 2014, a 54-year-old woman lost consciousness and died after riding Toy Story Midway Mania at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
• On Dec. 25, 2014, a 22-year-old woman with a pre-existing condition, lost consciousness after riding It's A Small World on Christmas Day. She later passed away.
• On April 12, 2015, a 36-year-old man died while riding as a passenger in a Lamborghini that crashed at Exotic Driving Experience at Walt Disney World Speedway.