- "Goodbye mama" final text from boy killed in tornado
- Father of 7 struck, killed, while trying to help crash victim
- Rare alien-looking 'goblin shark' found off Florida coast
- Mom's response to 'troll' triggers outpouring of social media support
- Dramatic video shows shoppers running to safety after Thailand earthquake
Video of a stowaway teen dropping down from the wheel well of a jet, after a five-hour journey from California to Hawaii, was released Tuesday.
Yahya Abdi, 15, miraculously survived a flight of more than five hours, from California to Hawaii, by stowing away inside the wheel well of a jet on April 20, 2014.
Authorities said the young man endured freezing cold and lack of oxygen at an altitude up to 35,000 feet during the flight.
After being detained in Hawaii for awhile, Abdi was released and went home with his father to Santa Clara, Calif.
Credit: Jason Getz / Jason.Getz@ajc.com