Oregon boy hospitalized after eating pot cookie

Jessica Hart said her son, Jackson, didn’t feel well after an outing at a rock quarry near Klamath Falls, Oregon, on Saturday afternoon.

>> Read more trending stories

“I (saw) a wrapper that said ‘cookie.' I grabbed it, and it was heavy, and I looked inside, and it was a cookie, and I ate it, and it was not a good cookie," Jackson Hart told KBOI Monday.

“I felt like I was vibrating up and down,” said Jackson. “And that everything wasn't real.”

Jessica Hart said Jackson was clearly not right.

“My son said he wasn't feeling very well and kind of (started) pulling at his face,” Jessica Hart said.

She took him to the hospital, where he was treated for marijuana poisoning and had his heart rate and pulse monitored.

Jackson Hart was hospitalized for over 5 hours while doctors monitored his heart rate and pulse.

His mother said the cookie had two doses for an adult, enough to hospitalize her son.

Marijuana edibles come in all different forms, including liquids, cookies and candy, and they vary in potency.

The most common symptoms reported to the poison center are drowsiness, lethargy and an abnormally fast heart rate.  

It is stressed that edibles are kept away from children.

"Never eat a cookie that you find on the ground," Jackson Hart said.

An 8-year-old Oregon boy was hospitalized after he ate a marijuana cookie. >> http://kiro.tv/PotCookie

Posted by KIRO 7 News on Thursday, February 18, 2016

Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.

Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.

X