Admission fees will increase for adults and senior citizens but decrease for active military with ID, university students with ID and children (ages 3 to 17) on March 1 at the Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History near downtown Kennesaw.
Also, rental fees will increase in certain categories at the museum, 2829 Cherokee St. NW, that is a Smithsonian Affiliations member.
For inclusion in its Master Fee Schedule, this approval was given 5-0 recently by the Kennesaw City Council.
Southern Museum fee changes will be:
- Adult: $10, not $7.50.
- Adult AAA: $9, not $6.60.
- Senior (65+ and no longer 60+): $8, not $6.50.
- Senior AAA (65+): $7, not $5.50.
- Child/youth (ages 3 to 17), university student with ID, active military with ID: $5, not $5.50 for child (ages 4 to 12).
- Child/youth AAA (3 to 17): $4, not $4.50 for child AAA (4 to 12).
- Toddlers (ages 2 and under) with family: free.
There will be no more $6.50 military pass, which now is $5, and no family pass for $18 for up to two adults and four children.
Outside alcohol will be allowed in the museum if a Kennesaw police officer is present and paid $40 per hour.
For those renting the Southern Museum during or after hours, admission no longer will be included for up to 25 people with $5/person extra beyond that number.
The Southern Museum has adjusted other rental fees.
Rental changes include:
- Optional $150 staff room set-up fee.
- $100 damage deposit returnable if facility is left clean and not damaged.
- $150 deposit.
- $150/hour for two-hour minimum - not $100/hour.
- Cobb Energy Gallery: $500 damage deposit with no access to museum exhibits or galleries.
- Cobb Energy Gallery: $150/hour for two-hour minimum with $150 deposit - not $75/hour during operating hours.
- Cobb Energy Gallery: $300/hour for two-hour minimum with $300 deposit - after operating hours to be open until midnight - no longer 10 p.m.
- Full museum rental: $500 damage deposit.
- Full museum rental: $350/hour for two-hour minimum with $350 deposit - after operating hours.
- Museum classroom: $100 damage deposit.
- Museum classroom: $150/hour for two-hour minimum with $150 deposit - after operating hours.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.