The Dottie Fuqua Women’s Heart Support Network started at Piedmont Atlanta Hospital in 2017 through a gift from the J.B. Fuqua Foundation. It is part of the Piedmont Women’s Heart Program, which takes a comprehensive approach to prevention, clinical care, and support to reduce heart disease among women and promote long-term heart health and wellness, according to a press release.
The Dottie Fuqua Women’s Heart Support Network offers free online events and classes:
· Tuesday, June 30 at noon, Healthy Home Cooking Using Pantry Staples: Take-out is not as good for you as home cooking, but cooking every night is overwhelming. Join Healthy Chef “Partyologist” Nancy Waldeck and learn recipes that can be made with simple pantry ingredients and make multiple delicious meals.
· Saturday, July 11 at 11 a.m., Aromatherapy for the Restless Soul: Anxiety and depression are epidemic chronic health conditions. The current social conditions are catalysts for mental distress. Aromatherapist Carolyn Folk has an interactive discussion on the use of essential oils as complimentary care for mental health and total wellbeing.
Thursday, July 16 at 6 p.m., Let’s Talk About Anxiety: Mental Health in 2020: Anxiety is the most common mental illness and is at an all-time high during these stressful times of pandemics. Join Robin Raflo of Piedmont Women’s Heart and Dr. Dana Neacsu, of Medical Creations Integrative Medicine to discuss how to better care for mental health.
Thursday, July 30 at 12:30 p.m., Book Divas Book Club: The inaugural Book Divas Book Club delves into “The Obesity Code by Dr. Jason Fung.” We have over a month to read this enlightening book and discuss it as a group.
There are also three ongoing virtual classes:
· Guided Meditation on Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m. Participants will learn about body scans, diaphragmatic and spinal breathing, and anchoring into silence. No prior experience required.
· Gentle yoga on Wednesdays at 6 p.m. Participants will learn gentle seated chair postures, standing postures, minimal floor work, and guided relaxation. No prior experience required.
· Strength and Power Fitness Class on Mondays at 10 a.m.: a 45-minute, full-body cardiovascular fitness class. Exercise is essential for building well rounded fitness. A mat is recommended.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism. AJC.com. Atlanta. News. Now.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism.
With the largest team in the state, the AJC reports what’s really going on with your tax dollars and your elected officials. Subscribe today. Visit the AJC's Georgia Navigator for the latest in Georgia politics.
Your subscription to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism. Visit the AJC's Georgia Navigator for the latest in Georgia politics.