Keep Smyrna Beautiful is celebrating its 35th anniversary.
Among the achievements:
- Litter reduction programs have spanned 29 years to clean more than 250,000 pounds of litter from roadways, trails and waterways.
- In the last 10 years, 187,000 pounds of documents have been diverted from the landfill through the Document Shredding Events.
- The health and quality of local streams have been monitored 755 times.
- The Native Tree Arboretum and Sensory Garden have been established with the city of Smyrna.
- Thousands of students have been reached with environmental education programs and workshops.
- Thousands in beautification grants have been provided to local schools.
- More than 100 trees have been rescued through the Adopt-a-Tree program.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.