Cobb County police want your coat and your scarf and your gloves. No, it isn’t going into evidence.
The department is collecting old, unused winter gear ahead of the cold months to donate to those in need.
It started with Chief Mike Register asking those who work at Cobb PD to donate, said department spokesman Sgt. Dana Pierce, and the drive expanded to the community.
The agency said it is still determining where the goods will go, but said donations will be spread around to several organizations throughout the county.
The donations will be accepted between 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekdays, excluding holidays, until Dec. 1.
You are free to go ... to any of the police precincts and the headquarters, locations for which are all below.
• Precinct No. 1: 2380 Cobb Parkway in Kennesaw
• Precinct No. 2: 4700 Austell Road in Austell
• Precinct No. 3: 1901 Cumberland Parkway in Atlanta
• Precinct No. 4: 4400 Lower Roswell Road in Marietta
• Precinct No. 5: 4640 Dallas Highway in Powder Springs
• Headquarters: 140 North Marietta Parkway in Marietta
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.