“The ability to retain and produce accurate records of social media content is becoming increasingly important,” they added. “Specifically, records of social media may prove critical in protecting Cobb County during legal proceedings and other risk-oriented circumstances.”
Without ArchiveSocial, the county has “no ability” to provide the quality and comprehensiveness of archiving social media sites available from these third parties.
Once implemented, this system will provide comprehensive social media record capture, archive and retrieval for every county social media site.
Specifically, the ArchiveSocial solution will:
- integrate departmental social media accounts to capture records regardless of how or when content is posted to social networks;
- archive complete electronic records in native format;
- ensure the authenticity of records to meet legal and compliance requirements;
- provide detailed capture of multimedia and other associated information;
- allow advanced search and export capabilities; and
- assist with responding to open records requests to quickly produce the records needed, including edited, deleted and hidden content.