New school report card data released by the state Tuesday show scores slightly down in schools in Gwinnett County.
The Georgia Department of Education on Tuesday released the College and Career Ready Performance Index (CCRPI), based on data from the 2013-2014 school year.
For Gwinnett high schools, the score was at 73.2 for 2014 compared to 74.9 the year before; for middle schools, the score was 85.7 in 2014, and 86.2 the previous year. With elementary schools, the score in 2014 was 83.7 while in 2013, it was 85.1.
The highest score a school can earn is 110.
According to the data, the top-scoring Gwinnett schools were:
1. Gwinnett School of Mathematics, Science and Technology 99.5
2. Head Elementary School 98.5
3. Twin Rivers Middle School 98
4. Gwin Oaks Elementary School 97.2
5. Camp Creek Elementary School 96.7
6. Alton C. Crews Middle School 96.6
7. Brookwood Elementary School 96.1
8. Fort Daniel Elementary School 96.1
9. Frank N. Osborne Middle School 95.8
10. Parsons Elementary School 95.6
Here's a link to the data on metro area schools at MyAJC.com. Check back with the AJC for a searchable database of state school scores and analysis of the scores throughout the day.
About the Author