Not even Harvard.
Rate My Professors determined the best college instructors in the country, and many of the nation’s most prestigious schools failed to make the cut.
Rankings are based on student reviews conducted across four categories: clarity, helpfulness, easiness and rater interest (interest level prior to attending the class).
University of Georgia and Emory University are ranked No. 8 and No. 13, respectively.
Top 15 universities with the highest rated professors
1. University of Mississippi
2. University of Wisconsin, Madison
3. James Madison University
4. Washington University, St. Louis
5. University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
6. Pennsylvania State University
7. Texas A&M University, College Station
9. University of Notre Dame
10. Vanderbilt University
11. University of California, Santa Barbara
12. University of Texas, Austin
13. Emory University
14. University of Dayton
15. Duke University
Two instructors from Georgia schools also ranked in the "Highest Rated University Professors list":
16. Binh Tran, Information technology, Georgia Gwinnett College
Student review: "Great professor with excellent interactive lectures. Never a dull moment and I actually look forward to attending the class unlike some others. Highly recommended and I will be on the lookout for any classes he teaches in the future!"
23. Karen Dodson, English, University of North Georgia, Gainesville
Student review: "Professor Dodson is amazing! I hate writing and was dreading this class but she made it fun and interesting. She made me feel at ease and helps step by step. Take her class! Awesome person, awesome professor.
To learn more about the ranking, click here.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.