Whether you want to train for a road race, hit the trails on a mountain bike or take a leisurely ride along a paved path, Georgia has some of the best cycling opportunities in the country. If you love seeing the world on two wheels, this list will keep you safely rolling all year long.
Best bike routes and trails in Atlanta
- Safe and easy Atlanta area bike routes for cycling newbies: New to cycling in Atlanta? These routes will get you back on your wheels again.
- Pedal Atlanta's best paved cycling trails: These paved trails allow cyclists of any skill level to have a great bike riding experience.
- Beyond the Beltline: Where to bike in Atlanta's suburbs: Take a tour around Atlanta's famous Beltline, 22 miles of urban trails constructed on historic rail segments.
- Beltline tour: Take an interactive look at the Beltline before you ride.
- Three ways to run, bike or skate the Silver Comet Trail: Experience the trail that everyone's talking about. With over 60 miles of smooth, pavement, the Silver Comet Trail isn't one to miss.
- Biking around Atlanta: Maps, routes and tips to help you travel safely through town.
Top cycling tips
- Top tips for biking your way around Atlanta: Save yourself a lot of time and avoid unnecessary mistakes with these Atlanta biking tips.
- Best guide for your bike commute: Thinking of commuting to work by bike? Make sure to take tips from Atlanta Bike Coalition's bike commuter guide.
Dining by bike
- Will bike for food in Atlanta: Check out Bikabout's interactive map to find great food on your bike ride.
- Exploring Atlanta's food scene by bike: Read firsthand experiences from cyclists dining on the trail.
- Biking on the Beltline: a patio bar tour: Nothing's easier than riding straight up to a patio restaurant to eat during your ride around the Beltline.
- Where to eat when you're on the Beltline: View a photo tour of bike-friendly Beltline restaurants.
Local cycling community information
- City of Atlanta has a chief bicycle officer?: Meet Becky Katz, Atlanta's Chief Bicycle Officer who helps keep the local cycling community active and safe.
- Atlanta Bicycle Coalition: Support cyclists around Atlanta and find out the latest updates on bike classes and campaigns.
- Group rides from the Atlanta Cycling Group: Find other bicycle riders in your area and connect with the local cycling community for group rides near Ansley Mall in Midtown and in Vinings.
- Georgia bicycle laws: Educate yourself before you ride to stay safe and follow your local bike laws.
- Metro Atlanta Cycling Club: Join fellow cyclists for group rides and events around Metro Atlanta.
- More bike routes: Some scenic recreational rides around metro Atlanta.
- Bike sharing: Did you know Atlanta has a bike sharing program? So do Roswell and Alpharetta.
Atlanta bike shops and gear
- Metro Atlanta bike shops: Looking to buy a new bicycle or the latest gear? Check out this list of cycle shops in town.
- How to choose a bicycle: From mountain bikes to cruisers, find out what to look for when buying a bike.
Local cycling events
- The Atlanta Cycling Festival: Go for a ride, take classes and have a bike load of fun at the Atlanta Cycling Festival this June.
- Annual cycling events in Georgia: Stay spinning all year long by keeping your cycling calendar up to date.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism. AJC.com. Atlanta. News. Now.
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism.