Here we go again, courtesy of Kenya Moore, whose desperation for attention is now borderline insufferable. Then again, she seems to have an innate Trump-like ability to generate drama just when the "Real Housewives of Atlanta" producers need it.
Apropos of nothing, she decided to tell the other women outside of Kim's earshot that she had heard rumors that Christopher Morgan, Kim's husband may be gay, even citing a nickname "Chrissy." "And we're not talking 'Three's Company,' " Kenya said gleefully. Her joy spreading this supposed revelation is so evil, I'm surprised she didn't just dress up as Cruella De Vil.
Inevitably, this nugget would get back to Kim. And we know Kim is going to get mad. (We'll see the argument in full next week.).
Now who would tell Kim? Sheree Whitfield of course! This has always been her modus operandi on the show. With no storyline of her own, she has always felt the need to insert herself into others. (Her claim is she hates fakeness and wants things to be "real.")
In fact, this is the second time in two weeks she did played gossip messenger, knowing exactly what she was doing would cause strife.
Last week, Kenya became angry when she didn't get the directing gig for Cynthia Bailey's eyewear commercial shot in Jamaica.
Instead, Cynthia gave the job to Kim although she was justified. Kim has more experience directing and Kenya skipped out on a crucial meeting about the commercial. Then Kenya became even more peeved when she heard from Sheree that Cynthia downplayed her relationship with Kenya in front of NeNe Leakes, her former BFF who she has reconciled with.
In this episode, Cynthia tearfully told the cast outside of Kenya's earshot how upset she was about the argument she had had with Kenya. Later, NeNe honestly played the peacemaker with not an inkling of shade. She privately told Kenya about how Cynthia had been so emotional and they should kiss and make up.
So they did. Each said nice things about each other. Case closed.
That would be (wait for it)... boring!
Kenya had previously told Kim she wouldn't show up to the commercial shoot. But after Cynthia and Kenya supposedly made up, Kenya decided to join the others and was ready to take part. But when she saw her name was not on the call sheet, she did the ultimate passive-aggressive thing: she and her 28-year-old boyfriend Matt went on a paddleboat and skipped the entire commercial.
Cynthia was not pleased and next week, Cynthia and Kenya will face off over this childish behavior.
In other storylines:
- Cynthia got to meet some of her husband Peter Thomas' relatives in Kingston. All went well.
- Bob Whiftield, Sheree's ex, is a goofball. He was a ham during Cynthia's commercial. He and Sheree appear to be getting along okay more than seven years after the divorce.
- Kim was really in her element directing the commercial. She was in command and Cynthia was grateful.
- Porsha flies in Oliver, the Latino hottie she met during the Miami trip. But are they sleeping together? She decides to set him up in a different bedroom.
- Phaedra Parks appears just fine being the only single full-time cast member on the trip.
- Gregg Leakes and Peter ride Kenya's boyfriend Matt for being so young. He gets bugged and leaves the scene. Later, they play pool without addressing the earlier awkwardness. Presumably, like guys often do, they just decided to let it go.
It's the third episode in Jamaica. Kim reacts to Kenya spreading gay rumors regarding her husband. And Kenya and Cynthia deal Kenya skipping out on the commercial.