Atlanta Public Schools, along with the Marietta City and Cobb County school systems were among the ten best paying school systems for teachers.
These salary figures from the 2015-2016 school year are based on the Certified Contract Salary field as reported in the Certified Personnel Index that school districts send to the department each year. The index also includes all local supplements, including bonuses.
Here are the top 10 best school systems in Georgia for teacher pay, according to data from the 2015-2016 school year:
- Buford City, $64,636.33
- Fayette County, $61,037.79
- State Charter Schools- Mountain Education Charter High School, $60,742.66
- Walton County, $60,022.63
- Cherokee County, $59,085.91
- Atlanta Public Schools, $58,964.85
- Marietta City, $58,919.37
- Cartersville City, $58,908.32
- Pickens County, $58,476.06
- Cobb County, $58,424.94
How much did teachers in your school system make on average last year? Use the searchable database below to find out.