"This morning, when they opened it, they saw something floating there. You think of rabies. You think of dirty, filthy rodents. You know, what did he ingest?" Graves said.
The grandparents said they took the boy to a doctor to be evaluated and were waiting for the results. They also called the state, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and Dr Pepper.
The soda company said it’s taking the complaint seriously, going so far as to offer to test the bottle. The family said it wants to have testing done on the bottle on its own.
The company insists its bottling practices would make it virtually impossible for a foreign object to get inside a bottle.
for more on this story from NBC 5.