Teen dies from a hickey, doctors say

Watch out. Hickeys may be hazardous to your health.

A 17-year-old recently died from complications from a hickey, according to the Daily Mail.

Julio Macias Gonzalez, of Mexico City, went into convulsions at his home and died despite intervention by emergency medical personnel, The Daily Mail reports.

Doctors said "The bruise (hickey) caused a blood clot to form, which then traveled to his brain, causing a stroke," according to the Daily Mail.

In 2011, The Telegraph reported a woman in New Zealand had a "small stroke" and temporarily lost mobility in her arm due to a clot caused by a hickey.

 Read more at Daily Mail and The Telegraph.