- What started as a father-daughter dance turned into quite the scene at this girl's quinceañera
- Judge Joe Brown turns himself in to serve jail sentence
- Get $25 in cash or $50 in Starkist tuna as part of settlement
- 4 things to know about the deputy shooting in Houston
- Twins pretend to sleep after hearing mom on the baby monitor
Ice cream lovers rejoice; Blue Bell ice cream is starting to return to store freezers in Texas and Alabama.
Nearly five months after listeria concerns shut down production lines and prompted a nationwide recall, the ice cream company was given the go-ahead this month to produce ice cream at its Alabama plant after all tests came back negative for listeria contamination, USA Today reported.
Monday's distribution and sale is the first of five phases to get all products back in consumers hands.
Blue Bell is shipping only four flavors at the moment: Homemade Vanilla, Dutch Chocolate, Cookies and Cream and The Great Divide.
The first flavor we're revealing is our top-selling Homemade Vanilla! It's rich, homemade tasting vanilla ice cream with a special hand-cranked flavor that's the best in the country. We'll unveil another flavor tomorrow!
A photo posted by Blue Bell (@bluebellicecream) on Aug 24, 2015 at 7:01am PDT
There is no timeline for when the company's Texas plant will reopen, KTRK reported.
Shoppers at one Texas grocery store chain were limited to purchasing four Blue Bell products, The Austin American-Statesman reported.
About the Author
Credit: Natrice Miller / Natrice.Miller@