- FBI, Homeland Security: July Fourth terror attacks possible
- Couple married almost 75 years dies within 24 hours of one another
- 3-year-old found dead in swing was there two days, died of dehydration and hypothermia
- She lost her memory in an accident, so he wants to say 'I do' again
- WATCH: Member of Queen's Guard points bayonet at taunting tourist
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie seemed to be channeling his inner Dr. Seuss as he announced his candidacy for the GOP nomination for president this week.
Christie placed an extra emphasis on the words "I mean what I say, I say what I mean..." during his speech.
In the author's "Horton Hears a Who," Horton utters a remarkably similar line, "I meant what I said and said what I meant..."
To hear Christie deliver his version, start the video at the 21-minute mark.
To hear the Dr. Seuss version, fast forward to the 44-second mark.
Christie's slogan for his campaign is "telling it like it is."
About the Author