Third teen dead in Clayton wreck

While most kids wore baggy jeans, Antonious Bishop preferred tight ones.

He favored Vans or Chuck Taylor shoes over sneakers.

"He was just different," said Bishop's mother, Lakesha Green, 35, of Stockbridge. "He loved different things. He didn't care what nobody else thought, what anybody said."

Sixteen-year-old Antonious, who went by "Tony," died Thursday when he and two friends, Octavius Sorrells and Timothy Aaron, were hit by a car that swerved off a Clayton County road. All three boys subsequently died. Tony was dead at the scene, Sorrells was pronounced dead a few hours later and Aaron was taken off life support Saturday morning because he was brain dead.

Police say Priscilla Dianne Johnson, the 48-year-old woman charged with hitting the boys, had been talking on her cellphone and was on anti-depressants at the time of the wreck. She is facing numerous criminal charges, including vehicular homicide, driving under the influence and hit and run.

“The thing that puzzles and that hurts is how can you, as a living human being, run down some kids -- not one, but three -- and then just leave?" Green said. "That’s the part that I actually, if I could ask her, is why did she not try to render aid. Why did you leave?”

When Green learned Thursday evening that Tony had been hit, she was told that one boy died along Ga. 138 and the two others were flown to Atlanta's Grady Memorial Hospital. Not knowing which was Tony, she went to the hospital. Soon, she learned her boy wasn't there.

"So that let me know that he was the one who had died at the scene," Green said.

Johnson, a Lithonia resident, was being held  Saturday in the Clayton County Jail, according to jail logs.

It all happened so fast. Tony had just been in their nearby apartment, telling her that he loved her and hovering over his mother as she cooked a meal of fried chicken, fried rice and green beans. It smelled good, he told her.

But Tony's love for Arizona kiwi strawberry iced tea drew him out of the house. He couldn't get enough of the stuff. Green believes he had set out with his friends to a nearby Exxon that carried his favorite beverage. He had talked about getting some of it earlier in the day.

"He just kind of slipped out," Green said. "I didn't even know he left."

It's no surprise that Tony was with Octavius, 17. The two boys had become close friends since Tony and his family moved to metro Atlanta two years ago.

"You would have thought they were brothers," Green said. "They were two peas in a pod. You see one, you see the other."

Octavius shared Tony's passion for video games, making music beats and he had picked up skateboarding -- one of Tony's favorite things to do.

The third boy, Timothy, also was a close friend of Octavius. He worked at a neighborhood Kroger store, where Octavius used to work, and had finished a shift there not long before the wreck, said his mother, Jacqueline Aaron.

When Timothy wasn't bagging groceries, he spent most of his time writing rap songs, going by the name "Yung Illz." He had aspired to become a rapper since the third grade, eventually dropping out of high school to devote all his time to it.

"Literally, he would just bury himself in his room for months at a time and just do nothing but write music and record music," said his father, Eric Aaron.

When the wreck occurred, his mother, a hair stylist, was working at a salon across the street. The helicopter that picked up her son landed in the same commercial plaza.

"I saw the helicopter coming into the plaza," Jacqueline Aaron said. "Little did I know that was my son that was getting airlifted in front of me. I didn't know. I was there watching it."