New school report card data released by the state Tuesday show scores holding steady in middle and high schools in the Atlanta Public Schools system, while elementary schools saw a decline.
The Georgia Department of Education on Tuesday released the College and Career Ready Performance Index (CCRPI), based on data from the 2013-2014 school year.
For Atlanta high schools, the score stayed at 59 for 2014 compared to the year before; for middle schools, the score remained at 65. With elementary schools, the score in 2014 was 62 while in 2013, it was 67.
The top score a school can earn is 110.
Here’s a look at the highest scoring schools in Atlanta:
1. KIPP Vision Primary 96.5
2. Kindezi Atlanta Public Schools 95.5
3. Early College High School at Carver 94.3
4. Morningside Elementary School Atlanta Public Schools 94.1
5. Jackson Elementary School 93
6. Kipp Strive Academy 92.8
7. Brandon Elementary School 92
8. Lin Elementary School 91.5
9. Springdale Park Elementary School 90.9
10. Neighborhood Charter School 90.9
Here's a link to the data on metro area schools at MyAJC.com. Check back with the AJC for a searchable database of state school scores and analysis of the scores throughout the day.
About the Author
Credit: Bob Andres, email@example.com