Many DeKalb County schools saw improved SAT scores as they were released today, though most still fall behind the state and national averages.
This year, six of the district’s high schools performed better than the state average, with DeKalb School of the Arts (1670), Chamblee Charter High School (1647) and Dunwoody High School (1610) leading districtwide scoring.
The scores are from the old version of the test, with reading, writing and math sections scored up to 2400.
The SAT was revamped earlier this year, reverting to a 1600 top score and offering fewer options to chose from on the multiple-choice questions.
The College Board, which partners with states to administer the test, did not report results from the new version, citing the number of students took the redesigned test.
- Don't see your school? Check The Atlanta Journal-Constitution database for more rankings and information
- These Atlanta schools have the highest SAT scores
- These Cobb County schools have the highest SAT scores
- These Fulton County schools have the highest SAT scores
- These Gwinnett County schools have the highest SAT scores
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.