X

Judge dismisses $60 million lawsuit stemming from Kevin Hart sex tape

Kevin Hart Says He Was 'Immature' About Oscars Scandal Hart was criticized by the public after his anti-gay tweets from 2010 and 2011 resurfaced, causing him to step down as Oscars host in 2019. He's now speaking about his regret one year later. Kevin Hart, via Men's Health Hart addressed the controversy in this month's issue of Men's Health. Kevin Hart, via Men's Health Hart made similar comments on his Netflix docuseries, 'Kevin Hart: Don’t F--- This Up.' Kevin Hart, via Netflix Kevin Hart, via Ne

A federal judge has dismissed a $60 million lawsuit that stemmed from comedic actor Kevin Hart’s 2017 sex tape scandal.

The Blast first reported on Tuesday that a California judge has ordered “all claims” against Hart in the suit filed by Montia Sabbag to be dismissed, arguing that the suit was “brought in the wrong venue.”

In February, Hart asked a judge to dismiss the lawsuit against him because he alleged the plaintiff served him the documents by throwing them onto his driveway, according to The Philadelphia Inquirer.

Hart’s security guard Ray Dudgeon said in a statement that Sabbag “drove by Hart’s home and threw a summons and complaint out of a car window in the sight of.”

Dudgeon said the papers landed several yards from him, and he had not been given authorization to accept the served legal papers. In Hart’s legal documents, there are attached photos of papers strewn across the grounds and a gray Ford sedan nearby.

Sabbag’s case had previously been dismissed about a technical issue with the filing, but she has since amended and refiled the complaint. The lawsuit claims that while having consensual sex with Hart in a Las Vegas hotel in 2017, the sexual act was being filmed, unbeknownst to Sabbag. It further explains that the filming was done by an associate of Hart’s, J.T. Jackson, who was seeking publicity for his upcoming comedy tour. Jackson was later charged with extortion over the incident, with Hart claiming that he was also a victim.

Hart discussed the ordeal in his recent Netflix docuseries, describing the moment as the “lowest moment” of his life. His wife, Eniko, revealed that she learned about the sexual encounter via an Instagram direct message.

“I don’t know who it was, sent me an edited video of Kevin and another woman,” she said. “I was pregnant at the time. I was about seven, eight months pregnant, I was having breakfast, I opened my phone and immediately I just lost it.”

Hart and his family are expecting a baby.