The highest-paying job title, according to LinkedIn, is an investment bank analyst, which yields a median total comp of $105,000.
Job titles such as physical therapists, software engineers and pilots have the highest number of open entry-level roles.
Here are the top 15 best-paying jobs for new grads and their median total compensation for the first year, according to LinkedIn:
- Investment banking analyst, $105,000
- Data scientist, $93,500
- Hardware engineer, $90,000
- Software engineer, $80,000
- Equity research analyst, $79,500
- Technology analyst, $76,000
- Operations engineer, $75,000
- Pharmaceutical sales representative, $75,000
- Consulting analyst, $75,000
- Management consultant, $74,300
- Security engineer, $74,200
- Process development engineer, $73,000
- Investment analyst, $72,500
- User experience designer, $72,000
- Pilot, $70,000
- Physical therapist, $70,000
The list is part of LinkedIn's Job Search Guide for New Grads.
The top 5 U.S. cities for job seekers No. 1: Miami, Florida No. 2: Orlando, Florida No. 3: Raleigh, North Carolina No. 4: Austin, Texas No. 5: Sacramento, California Source: Indeed.com