The Pontiac brand of automobiles may be dead, but there's a chance you know someone whose life began in one.
A new survey conducted by online retailer CouponCodesPro.com, which probably uses the same methodology as Gallup, says more people have had sex in a Pontiac than any other make of car.
The company, which sells adult toys and lingerie and seems to be very nosy, asked its customers questions about their sex lives. Amazingly, almost 3,000 people were willing to share their secrets.
More than half (59 percent) of those desperate souls said they have had sex in a car.
What I am calling the "Smokey & The Bandit Effect" must have powered the maker of the iconic Trans Am to this poll's top position.
Eleven percent of respondents who did not have access to a home and a bed said they have had sex in some form of Pontiac.
I am going to go out on a limb and say Pontiac owners have the most car sex. But hopefully no one gets busy in a Vibe, which sounds like something CouponCodesPro might sell on its website.
Runner-ups in the car sex survey included Sex Toyota (9 percent), Ford (7 percent), Chevy (6 percent) and Honda (5 percent).
Other disturbing data from the survey includes:
- 28 percent of those who admitted to having car sex said they lost their virginity in a car.
- 31 percent said they had sex in car unexpectedly.
- 26 percent said they had sex in a car because they wanted to do something risky.
- 22 percent said they had sex in a car because they couldn't have sex at home.
- 46 percent said the car was in a parking lot during sex.
- 19 percent said the car was in a driveway during sex.
- 4 percent said the car was going down a major interstate during sex.
OK, I made that last one up. That would be a little too risky, unless the Snowman and Fred are running Smokey interference.
Real news I found on the Internet Thursday:
- Georgia deputy accused of asking pregnant 14-year-old for sex
- Massive Tennessee marijuana growing operation goes up in smoke
- CNN anchor drops F-bomb in Twitter rant against Fox News
- Giraffe in truck killed going under bridge
- Liberia warns Ebola outbreak may be beyond its control
- Driver who killed teen posts totaled car pic with smiley face
- CIA admits to hacking U.S. Senate computers
- One Seattle cop wrote 80 percent of marijuana tickets
- Blogger fired from language school for post on homophones
- Bolivia declares Israel a terrorist state
- Indiana man wins $1 million lottery twice in 3 months
- Demoted Chicago worker shoots CEO, kills self
- Student awarded $212,000 for bogus beer bust