I like to think of America as a place full of everyday heroes.
Firefighters, teachers, the mailman, the guy driving the ambulance on I-285 during rush hour traffic and the lady that brings me more sweet tea at The Colonnade. All of these and more, in their own way, are heroes.
Then there's jackanapes like 19-year-old Robert Burt.
Burt, arrested by Maine police in June for DUI, recently turned himself in to serve a 48-hour sentence, The Smoking Gun tells us . For his new booking photo, Burt wore a T-shirt adorned with his June mugshot and the words "Burt Family Reunion” and “sponsored by Bud Light and Somerset County Sheriff.”
The "family reunion" comment refers to another member of the Burt family currently receiving free room and board at the jail.
Police in Maine must have a better sense of humor than those around here.
Burt said the corrections officers made him pose “so you could see the shirt.”
“They laughed there [sic] [posteriors] off haha,” Burt posted on Facebook with no regard for grammar.
Burt, who could probably use a job in social media, proudly posted “I’m out [female dogs]” and declared his most recent mugshot the "best ever."
He has clearly set a high bar for serial offenders. I can't wait to see his next effort.
More news I stumbled upon Tuesday:
- Jesse Jackson booed after asking for donations in Ferguson
- Ferguson man arrested in aunt's driveway for breaking curfew
- Getty photographer arrested in Ferguson
- Lawsuit: Sober woman arrested for DUI after being hit by police car
- Man eaten by albino crocodile in front of wife
- Judge orders police to shock defendant in court
- Grandmother shoots grandson, 7, she mistook for intruder
- Islamic state vows to drown America in blood
- Woman, 72, kicked off Delta flight for looking sick
- Global warming? Winter weather blasts Scotland in August