Falcons’ football is almost back!
1. Rookies reported: The rookies reported on Thursday, but there was no media availability. The team had their staff photographer Kara Durrette take some photos so we have some evidence that they did actually report. Assuming all 23 made it, the seven draft picks and 16 undrafted rookie free agents. Here are the bios for the draft picks and the undrafted players.
2. Julio Jones update: After reaching deals with defensive tackle Grady Jarrett and linebacker Deion Jones, all that is left is for the Falcons to reach a contract extension with wide receiver Julio Jones. Here’s the primer from the “What the Antonio Brown trade means for the Falcons and Jones” item from earlier this summer. There’s nothing to report at this time.
3. Nice Hawley story: The fine folks over at the Falcoholic caught up with Joe Hawley, who’s traveling around the country and doing a motivational blog.
4. Just eight open practices: Here’s the list of the eight open practices for the Falcons. (Psst, there should be more. Broncos, who also play in the Hall of Fame game have 19!)
5. Position by position series: In case you missed it and need to get caught before the first practice on Monday, here are the links to the 10-part position-by-position series. Also, below we had coach Dan Quinn help us preview the offense and defense in the past two episodes of The Bow Tie Chronicles podcast.
Position-by-position series: July 8: Special teams | July 9: Safeties | July 10: Cornerbacks | July 11: Linebackers | July 12: Defensive line | July 13: Quarterbacks |July 14: Offensive line | July 15: Wide receivers | July 16: Tight ends | July 17: Running backs
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.