- Carolyn Cunningham For the AJC
Registration continues until Feb. 28 for the new Cobb 101 Citizens Government Academy.
Open to Cobb residents and business owners, this free, 10-week course will be held from April to June.
Each week a different topic will be covered through interactive presentations, site visits and class meetings with government officials.
Participants should gain a better understanding of the:
- Relationships among residents, the county manager, Board of Commissioners and governmental departments.
- Process of deciding why and how government projects are implemented and services are provided.
- Ways various projects support goals and objectives of the county manager and Board of Commissioners.
- Budgeting process.
- Roles and functions of county departments.