5. Jaylon Johnson, Utah, 6-0, 193 (first/second): He was a two-year starter for the Utes. He played left cornerback in their 4-2-5 base scheme and lined up inside and outside.
6. A.J. Terrell, Clemson, 6-1, 195 (first/second round): In two seasons as a starter, he helped Clemson to an overall 29-1 record. The Westlake High grad finished with 107 career tackles, 20 pass breakups, six interceptions and forced two fumbles over 1,827 snaps in 44 games (30 starts).
7. Jeff Gladney, TCU, 5-10, 191 (first/second round): A smallish, but quick-footed cornerback, he was a four-year starter.
8. Noah Igbinoghene, Auburn, 5-10, 198 (second/third round): He was a two-year starter for the Tigers. He is a fine athlete who'll have to refine his coverage skills in the NFL.
9. Damon Arnette, Ohio State, 6-0, 195 (second/third round): He was a three-starter at right cornerback. Played a lot of press-man coverage for the Buckeyes. He played in 53 games and made 38 starts.
10. Bryce Hall, Virginia, 6-1, 202 (third round): He suffered a left ankle injury that caused him to miss most of last season. He was second-team All-American and was first-team All-ACC in 2018. He played in 44 games and made 39 starts and finished with 44 pass breakups.
Best of the rest: Louisiana Tech's Amik Robertson, Mississippi State's Cameron Dantzler, Michigan State's Josiah Scout, Tulsa's Reggie Robinson, UCLA's Darnay Holmes, Notre Dame's Troy Pride, Auburn's Javaris Davis, Iowa's Michael Ojemudia, Penn State's John Reid and Pittsburgh's Dane Jackson.
Here’s a look back at the top 10 cornerbacks in 2013.
Teams in need. Falcons, San Francisco, Chicago, Buffalo, Denver, San Diego, Kansas City and Dallas.
Need area for Falcons. Yes, the Falcons reportedly are interested in trading up to draft Henderson. The Falcons released Desmond Trufant and have not replaced him.
Top 5 seniors for 2021 draft. Georgia's Tyson Campbell, Alabama's Patrick Surtain, Ohio State's Shawn Wade, South Carolina's Israel Mukuamu and Stanford's Paulson Adebo.
AJC’s 2020 POSITION BY POSITION DRAFT SERIES
Quarterbacks: Joe Burrow leads class | Top 10
Running backs: Cam Akers' life lesson | Top 10
Tight ends: Harrison Bryant top prospect | Top 10
Guards/Centers: Solomon Kindley a late-rounder | Top 10
Offensive tackles: Austin Jackson's life lesson | Top 10
Wide receivers: Jeudy or Lamb | Top 10
Defensive tackles: Brown, Kinlaw stand out | Top 10
Defensive ends: A 'generational' talent | Top 10
Linebackers: Simmons a position-less LB | Top 10
Safeties: Loaded with Georgia talent | Top 10
Special teams: Blankenship top kicker | Top 10
UVA's Joe Reed top returner
Cornerbacks: Jeff Okudah a lockdown CB | Top 10
The Bow Tie Chronicles Podcasts:
Can be found on Google, iTunes and TuneIn
For more content about the Atlanta Falcons:
Follow me on Twitter @DorlandoAJC
On Facebook at Atlanta Falcons News Now
Atlanta Falcons coverage on the Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Have a question? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org