Cobb County’s Mount Bethel Elementary was named a Blue Ribbon school Wednesday by the U.S. Education Department.
The prestigious honor recognizes schools for their overall academic excellence or their progress in closing achievement gaps among student subgroups. The Cobb school, located near Marietta, is one of 329 across the country this year to receive the honor.
The school received a 94.2 score on the state’s most recent College & Career-Ready Performance Index, the highest of any Cobb elementary school.
“This honor was earned because of the hard work and dedication of our students, staff and community!,” the school posted on its website. “We are proud of our BLUE RIBBON BUCCANEERS!”
- Calvary Day School, a private school in Savannah
- Gwinnett School of Mathematics, Science and Technology
- Jacob G. Smith Elementary School in Savannah
- Midway Elementary School in Pierce County
- Morningside Elementary School in Atlanta
- Newton County Theme School at Ficquett
- St. Joseph Catholic School in Marietta
- St. Thomas More Catholic School in Atlanta
- Sharon Elementary School in Forsyth County
You can find information about Cobb County Schools, such as test scores, graduation rates, and school climate ratings at the Ultimate Atlanta School Guide.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.