Recipients of the FTI Preservation Grant:
• Academy Theatre in Hapeville will receive $25,000 to purchase a main theater drape, theater seats, LED lighting and sound equipment.
• Grove Theatre in Atlanta will receive $100,000 — the largest grant FTI has given for a rehabilitation project statewide — to support the theater’s roof replacement and masonry repairs.
• Habersham Community Theatre in Clarkesville will receive $48,400 for a project that includes the stabilization of the building’s façade, a potential beam installation and historic brick and stucco repair.
• Waycross Area Community Theatre in Waycross will receive $19,625 in matching FTI grant funding to repair its HVAC equipment.
• Royal Theatre in Hogansville will receive $51,250 for a project that includes architecture plans and specifications for ongoing rehabilitation.
• The Plaza Theatre Arts Center in Eatonton will receive $66,400 to preserve the venue’s exterior façade.
• Warrenton Cultural Center in Warrenton will receive $17,600 to support the repair and replacement as needed for the roof of the cultural center.
• Winterville Auditorium in Warrenton will receive $47,500 for the installation of a soundproof wall with sound and lighting booth equipment.
Recipients of the FTI Historic Structures Studies or Planning Grant:
• Holly Theatre in Dahlonega will receive $6,600 to study structural areas of the stage and supporting backstage areas.
• Imperial Theatre in Augusta will receive $15,000 for a project that includes schematic plans and drawings to provide the scope for continuing preservation work.
• Sara O’Kelly Municipal Auditorium in Grantville will receive $32,190 for professional consulting and to plan for the rehabilitation and restoration of their historic auditorium.
FTI Urgent/Emergency Grant Recipients:
• Theatre Macon in Macon will receive: $25,000 to help fund the building’s “desperately needed” roof repair.
• Elba Theatre in Elba, Alabama will receive $25,000 toward the cost of roof repair.
READ | 175-room hotel going up across the street from Georgia Aquarium
READ | Luxury condos planned for corner of Midtown's Juniper and 5th streets
Like Intown Atlanta News Now on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter