To be eligible for the Horatio Alger National Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Be enrolled full-time as a high school senior in the United States; be progressing normally toward graduation in spring/summer of 2019 with plans to enter a college in the United States no later than the fall following graduation
• Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor’s degree at an accredited non-profit public or private institution in the United States (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution)
• Demonstrate critical financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income is required)
• Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities
• Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
• Maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0; and
• Be a United States citizen.