Morehouse College officials announced late Monday it named Harold Martin Jr. its interim president.
Here are five things to know about him:
- Martin joined the Board of Trustees in 2014 and was named its secretary in April. He resigned his position on the board to become interim president.
- He’s a Morehouse Man. Martin was the college’s valedictorian for the class of 2002, graduating summa cum laude. Martin also has degrees from Harvard Business School and Yale Law School.
- Martin led a pro bono consulting project to develop the college’s strategic plan in 2011.
- He was an associate partner at McKinsey & Co., a management consulting firm with offices in Atlanta and 120 cities worldwide.
- He was a leader in the firm’s Higher Education Practice, which studied trends transforming higher education and best practices.
VIDEO: Morehouse seeks new leadership after Bill Taggart’s sudden death
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.