FLOWERY BRANCH – Falcons cornerback Desmond Trufant could have taken the day off against the New York Giants on Sunday.
New York Giants veteran quarterback Eli Manning showed Trufant an immense amount of respect. On the 71 offensive snaps, the Giants did not throw one pass in Trufant’s direction.
He was the only corner in the NFL, who played 70-plus snaps and didn’t get any action, according to profootballfocus.com.
Trufant finished with three tackles.
Here are some other nuggets from profootballfocus.com film review of the Falcons:
- Strong showing by both tackles for Falcons in Week 2. On the 48 pass blocking snaps, Ryan Schraeder did not give up a single pressure, hurry, hit, or sack the entire game. Jake Matthews only gave up to pressures.
- Julio Jones currently has the highest overall grade of any receiver in the NFL with a +9.0. On Sunday against the Giants, he had 13 receptions on 14 targets. His 92.9 completion percentage was the best of any WR with 6 or more receptions.
- Right guard, Chris Chester had another good day. His +1.5 overall grade was the second week in a row he had over a 0 grade.
- Matt Ryan had the 5th highest overall grade for QBs on Sunday.
- Vic Beasley had a great game, after a somewhat disappointing Week 1. His +5.3 overall grade was the 2nd best of any 4-3 Defensive Ends in Week 2.
- Ra’Shede Hagemen also had a good game at Defensive Tackle. His +1.4 grade was the second week in a row he earned a grade over +1.0.
- Desmond Trufant was not targeted once in coverage on Sunday. He was the only corner in the NFL who played 70+ snaps to do this.
- Ricardo Allen struggled a little bit on Sunday. His -2.9 was the 2nd worst of any safety in Week 2. He also had two missed tackles.
- Matt Bosher had another great day punting the ball. His 54.6 average was the 2nd best of any punter in Week 2. He also had the second longest punt, when he boomed one 69 yards.
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s D. Orlando Ledbetter tells CineSport’s Brian Clark how the Falcons scored 14 unanswered points in the fourth quarter to beat the Giants 24-20 at MetLife Stadium on Sunday.
GIANTS GAME COVERAGE -- Falcons 24, Giants 20
GIANTS WEEK COVERAGE
EAGLES GAME COVERAGE -- FALCONS 26, EAGLES 24
LIVING THAT BLOG LIFE
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.