A look inside the numbers of the Falcons’ 23-20 exhibition loss to the Dolphins Thursday night:
* Matt Ryan played one series – and had a 150.7 quarterback rating. The MVP was 3 of 3 for 32 yards and a touchdown.
* Matt Schab also played sparingly. He was 2 of 2 for 20 yards with a 108.3 quarterback rating.
* Matt Simms and Alex Torgersen combined to go 15 of 25 for 123 yards.
* Terron Ward was the Falcons leading rusher with 48 yards on 11 carries.
* Reggie Davis, the rookie out of Georgia, was the Falcons leading receiver with 43 yards on two receptions.
* Andre Roberts had one kickoff return for 26 yards and one punt return for 39 yards.
* The Falcons finished with 279 yards of offense, including 113 on the ground.
* The Dolphins finished with 318 yards of offense, including 60 yards on the ground.
* De’Vondre Campbell and Jarnor Jones had interceptions for the Falcons.
* Campbell was the Falcons leading tackler with three and he had a deflected pass.
* The Falcons converted both fourth-down attempts.
* The Falcons had a red zone efficiency of 66 percent (2 of 3).
* The Falcons held advantages of 34:53-25:07 in time of possession and 17-12 in first downs.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.