* The Hawks won the season series with the Pistons 3-1 after dropping the season opener at home.
* The Hawks have averaged 110.5 points in the past eight games, all over the 100-point mark.
* The Hawks held a 20-4 advantage in fast-break points.
* The Hawks had 34 assist on 43 field goals and improved to 14-3 when they have at least 30.
* The Pistons had five double-digit scorers with Tobias Harris (21), Andre Drummond (19), Aron Baynes (15), Marcus Morris (13) and Reggie Jackson (11).
* Morris was a minus-19.
Hawks turnovers for the game, a season low. The previous low was nine against the Knicks on Dec. 26
Quote of the game
“I think that’s going to happen either way. We feel pretty confident about that. We are going to be a playoff team. It’s just where we are going to be. When it’s all said and down, no matter what the standings say, we want to be playing our best basketball at the end of the season. It feels like we are headed in that direction.” – Kyle Korver
The Hawks scored 27 points in the first and third quarters and 29 points in the second and fourth quarters. They scored over 100 points for the eighth straight game. The ball movement was excellent. The pace was better and they committed so few turnovers. They shot 42 percent from 3-point range in the first half.
The Hawks limited the Pistons to 15 first-quarter points and they never got closer than seven points after the midway point of the opening period. The Pistons shot 39 percent and a dismal 24 percent from 3-point range. The Hawks were outrebounded by the bigger Pistons but they got several key boards.