1. Judge orders stiff sentences for two in Douglasville hate crime. As the defendants wept, a Douglas County judge on Monday sentenced two people to lengthy prison terms for their part in disrupting an African-American birthday party with Confederate flags, racial slurs and armed threats in 2015. [Read more]
2. Ex-teacher accused of having relationship with student. A former Forsyth County teacher faces felony sexual assault charges after authorities say he had a relationship with a 17-year-old student. [Read more]
3. Trump supporters rally in Atlanta: ‘Four more years!’ Pushing back against the explosive protests targeting Donald Trump’s administration, supporters of the president launched a wave of counter-demonstrations showing the Republican their support. One of the largest was staged Monday outside the Georgia statehouse. [Read more]
4. Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed defends letter to embattled Gwinnett official’s employer. Kasim Reed defended his decision to contact United Consulting, a city vendor that also employs embattled Gwinnett County Commissioner Tommy Hunter. [Read more]
5. Cadillacs, Rolex watches and a scam that cost a Cobb widow millions. A man who claimed to be a sports agent bought Cadillac Escalades, Rolex watches and stole millions of a Cobb widow’s money for himself and his family in a scheme authorities say is one of the largest elder exploitation cases in Georgia history. [Read more]
Download the new AJC app. More local news, more breaking news and in-depth journalism.