1. 5-year-old dressed as Batman rescues baby locked in hot car: Caroline Penny had just placed her 1-year-old granddaughter in a car seat when she walked to the other side of the Volkswagen to get in. Suddenly, Penny said, the doors locked, trapping the baby – and the car keys – inside, according to Uckfield FM. [Read more]
2. Shark attacks Australian surfer on live TV: Pro surfer Mick Fanning was waiting for a set of waves on his surfboard at Jeffrey's Bay in South Africa when a shark fin appeared next to him. [Read more]
3. Josh Duggar shares photos of newborn daughter amid scandal, show cancellation: Former "19 Kids and Counting" star Josh Duggar, who has been at the center of a sexual misconduct scandal, shared photos on social media Sunday of his newborn daughter. [Read more]
4. Teen, missing for days, last seen at Atlanta airport: Darian Maurice Blakes, 18, flew into Atlanta from North Carolina but never boarded his connecting flight to California, authorities said. He has not been heard from since. [Read more]
5. Controversial BRT won’t reduce traffic jams, study says: Cobb County’s controversial plan to build a $500 million bus rapid transit system will not improve rush-hour traffic along heavily traveled U.S. 41 and could make congestion even worse. [Read more]
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.