A naked man broke into a concession stand at a Little League baseball field in Florida earlier this month, causing nearly $5,000 worth of damage, the Tampa Bay Times reported.
The April 7 incident was caught on surveillance cameras at Fisher Field’s concession stand, run by the Greater Dunedin Little League , league president Susan Semitecolos told the newspaper. The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office released images of the man, who used a crowbar to enter the concession stand around 4 a.m, according to several media outlets.
“How somebody can take from these children is beyond me,” Semitecolos told WTVT.
Semitecolos said the man tried to enter the concession stand through a window before using the crowbar to gain entry through a door, the television station reported.
“He robbed the whole cash box because he couldn’t get it open, and he took the kids’ donations,” Semitecolos told WTVT.
The man also stole three surveillance cameras and broke the lock on a gate covering a sliding glass window, the Times reported.
“It’s disturbing. It’s hurtful,” Semitecolos told WFTS.
Derek Dormois, a high school senior who played baseball at the Little League complex and now helps younger players, said he was shocked by the robbery.
“It blows my mind, especially here in Dunedin. It’s a nice, safe community. Growing up, we never really had that issue,” Dormois told WTVT. “It’s not just baseball. It’s family. It’s friends.
Police are still looking for the suspect.
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.