- Story Highlights
- Two people died from a likely drug overdose Sunday in Catoosa County.
The door was locked, but the mother of a 16-year-old pushed her way into his bedroom Sunday.
That’s when she found her son, Montana Whitten, and another man whom she didn’t recognize, the Chattanooga Times Free Press reported.
Catoosa County Sheriff Gary Sisk said someone called 911 at 9:41 a.m. and paramedics arrived to 742 Post Oak Road.
They confirmed Whitten and his 20-year-old friend, Adam Ahlyege, were dead from a likely overdose of drugs, Sisk said.
A toxicology report and official autopsy will confirm cause of death, Sisk said.
Neighbors told the Times Free Press they exchanged occasional greetings with the people living in the yellow-painted frame home in the rural neighborhood. One neighbor said the occupants appeared nice and caused no trouble but kept to themselves.
The deaths, if confirmed to be overdose related, would be part of an ongoing epidemic, according to a top U.S. State Department official.
Anyone with information about the pair’s activities over the three to five days before they died is asked to call Capt. Chris Lyons at (706) 935-2424.
In other news: