It’s been a few weeks since the midterm elections took place in Fulton County.
The county’s residents overwhelmingly voted for Democrat Stacey Abrams, but Georgia as a whole elected Republican Brian Kemp to be the state’s next governor. The race ended with Kemp at 1,978,408 votes, Abrams with 1,923,685 and Libertarian Ted Metz with 37,235.
Hundreds of voters in Fulton decided to express their ideals another way entirely, by casting an ineligible ballot for someone else — fictional characters, athletes, long dead public figures — instead of choosing one of the human candidates offered.
Below, a list of nearly 80 people and things that voters in Fulton County believe in. Note: all are written here as they were cast on the voting machine or ballot.
• Acuna Jr
• Both Corrupt
• Button Gwinnett (the Georgian who signed the Declaration of Independence in 1776 and was killed 10 months later in a duel)
• Chipper Jones
• Clark Howard
• Coach Kirby Smart
• Dont Care
• Dont Tread On Me
• Flash Gordon
• Ima Moderate
• Jerry Garcia
• Jesus (also: Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ Help Us!)
• Kasim Reed (and other former Georgia elected officials, including Jimmy Carter and Zell Miller)
• Mickey Mose
• Mr. Rogers [It'S A Great Day In The Neighborhood]
• N0Ne Of The Above (also: N/A, Nah, Neither, No, No Confidence, Nogoodchoice, Not Reprsented, Other...)
• Nick Saban (someone must really want him in office)
• Peyton Mannng
• Pick Better Candidates
• Ric Flair
• Save Us Obama
• Stephen Colbert
• The Lord
• The Workers
• True Conservative
• We Need Candiates Who Will Be Honest,And Do It Christ Jesus Way
• Gov. Nathan Deal (The guy who already has the job.)
In other news...
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.