The new school year begins Monday, Aug. 5, for Gwinnett County Public Schools students. Those entering the school system for the first time need to register before then.
If you are new to Gwinnett or changing schools due to a move, Gwinnett County Public Schools will hold new student registration at all local schools at 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the following Tuesdays and Thursdays in July: July 9, 11, 16, 18, 23, and 25.
Related story: Gwinnett offers on-site kindergarten registration
Related story: Gwinnett schools launch summer book mobiles
Related story: What do teachers do over summer break?
Schools may have other registration opportunities available, so contact your local school directly for additional registration dates and hours.
Parents and guardians are encouraged to visit their local school websites to begin the registration process online. If a parent is unsure of which school their child will attend, they can visit the “School Look-up” online at http://bit.ly/GCPSSchoolLocator.
Parents and guardians will need to visit their local school to complete registration. In addition to bringing your child, the following documents are needed to complete the process:
• An official document showing proof of birth date
• Proof that you live in attendance zone
• A valid Georgia certificate of immunization (GA Form #3231)
• Evidence of Vision, Hearing, Dental, and Nutrition Screening (GA Form #3300-Rev. 2013)
• A photo ID for the adult registering the child
• Proof of authorized person to enroll
• Child’s social security number (or you may sign a waiver at the school)
Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.
Your subscription to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution funds in-depth reporting and investigations that keep you informed. Thank you for supporting real journalism.